Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fear

Fear is a feeling that I usually do not express. I am not afraid of spiders or snakes. I am afraid of something real and personal. Something that most people do not think of when they hear the word fear. The only true thing that I am afraid of is losing. Not losing items or competitions, but people. I am afraid of losing a close friend or a family member. The only reason that I am only afraid of this is because I know that a snake or a shark can't hurt me emotionally, only physically. I could die, but I would probably be in a better place. But if I lose a family member, I know that I could never bring them back; and I cannot live without the people I love most. Like I said, fear is a feeling I do not express, if and when I do, it is very rare.

4 comments:

  1. That is very true. I never thought of having the fear of losing people, all I could think of was items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kinda scary of thinking that you could lose someone and that is not what people always associate fear with

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a deep fear, and one to which most of us can relate. We might consider sharing this one with another Jordan who is apparently fearless. Just this weekend I was feeling pretty sad about an English professor's passing in December (I just found out last week). She was a mother figure to me, and I am sad I was unable to talk with her in the past few years. She also attended my wedding. Thanks for sharing this Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so deep! Wow, I mean yeah I did think of loosing people in my life but never really thought about it the way you did!

    ReplyDelete